Monday, January 19, 2009

In The Valley of Elah

In The Valley of Elah starring:
Tommy Lee Jones
Charlize Theron
Jason Patric
Susan Sarandon
James Franco
Barry Corbin
Josh Brolin


I'm a bit late on this one, I know it.


There are some (well, most) movies that I am unable to watch while Mr.T is around. Let's just say he doesn't share my love of movies.


He will only watch comedies, big budget action flicks, big budget epic films, and some Korean films (how I managed the last one I will NEVER know - he seriously loved OldBoy - which is probably the BEST movie EVER made!).


Back to my review of ...Elah.


Sad story.


GREAT, fantastic, unbelievable AWESOME acting by some of the best in business.


Okay, can I tell you how much I LOVE Susan Sarandon, in both this film and The Moonlight Mile, (7.5) seriously another film with the best acting ever.


When you have a movie that depicts some of the best acting ever, no matter what the story is about, the movie is usually pretty darn great.


That is the case with Elah.


The ending made my stomach churn, but for those that haven't seen it I will not spoil it for you.


If you think you can sit and watch (and pay attention) to a fantastic lot of actors doing their job exceptionally well, well then, you should watch this little known (although nominated for an Academy Award) flick.


For both Tommy Lee and Susan Saradon I give this movie 7.5/10 (which I just noticed is exactly what imdb rates this flick).


No comments:

Post a Comment